Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My 52 Project - Week 15

Week 15 - Metal

Toward the beginning of the week, I wondered why we chose metal as a prompt when I live with a woodworker?!  Lucky for me, this woodworker is currently hooked on making knives.  He buys blades and adds wood handles.  When I say hooked, I actually mean addicted.  We have a ridiculous amount of metal knife blanks floating around this residence.  The knife pictures were a total and complete flop, which led me out to the shop.

As I looked around, I realized a wood shop is FULL of metal!  My favorite was the wood planes T got for Christmas.  My picture frame is almost complete ;)



Band saws are a must.

 
 
Table saws are always a little scary to me.  I wouldn't want this blade tearing through my hand!
 


 
 
Now this li'l gem has a great story behind it.  T had never, ever, ever welded before.  My uncle thought he might enjoy a little introduction.  I believe a couple fires had to be put out before T finished this work of art.

 
 


 
 

Next Week - Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment